Software Test Engineer – Google Automotive Services (GAS)
We’re looking for outstanding test engineers with software development skills to play a key role in scaling our testing processes by automating our manual test suites and enabling our development teams to release faster with confidence.
ECARX is developing a digital cockpit product, from silicon to pixels, which we deliver to world leading vehicle manufacturers on a global market. We are a young company full of talented people that thrives on taking initiatives, collaborating and solving problems. We take pride in developing both our products and our company defining our ways of working, our teams and our company culture. By joining one of our teams and participating in our daily work you will for sure make an impact.
We hope that you share these values and hold a creative and open mindset with a willingness to grow both yourself and those around you. If you, like us, thrive when working with new technology and strive for continuous improvements, transparency and feedback, then we want to meet you! We are continuously interviewing, so apply today!
What you will do
- Work with Google to provide services such as Maps, Play Store and the Google Assistant to our users through our infotainment platform to support Google Automotive Services (GAS). GAS consists of software built on top of Android Automotive OS for the purpose of delivering such services.
- Write and run test cases for testing Google Assistant and Google Maps functionality
- Write high-performing automated tests for our digital cockpit product built on Google Android, and integrate them into our release flows
- Establish automated testing practices and coach developers and QA team members to extend their testing skills
- Advocate for testing and software quality practices for GAS compliance
Why you will love it
- You’ll work on a truly inspiring product that brings real-life value to our users and it will be deployed in millions of vehicles. It is the HMI of cars that meets the driver and passengers every day. Wouldn’t it be fun to be part of that?
- You’ll define and scale QA processes, enabling exceptional-quality feature delivery in fast development cycles
- You’ll take ownership of quality from day one, moving things forward, shaping the processes, and choosing the tools you need to do your best work
- Your knowledge will make you a key player in a highly motivated and talented team. You’ll feel challenged to learn and excel in this domain continuously
- Work with HIL (Hardware In the Loop), test automation, Android development and DevOps that will reshape the in-vehicle experience
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are an open, flexible and communicative person who have a couple of years’ experience from C/C++ and/or android development environments
- Believe fast and stable automated tests are an important pillar for building a highly successful infotainment platform
- Are interested in Google Android device testing, automating test cases and Android compatibility testing (appreciated if familiar with Google Automotive Services)
- Are familiar with modern software engineering best practices such as pull requests, unit testing and continuous delivery
- Love to learn about new technologies like ART testing to certify Assistant functionality for devices that integrate the Google Assistant
- Have knowledge and an interest of communication protocols such as FlexRay, LVDS, MOST
- Have experience with SUT (system under test) based in real hardware (rigs, test benches)
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and no ego – we’re a team and will always achieve incredible results together
We are an international company, so our working language is English. Knowledge of Swedish or Chinese would be a bonus! However, if you are still learning Swedish, we would be glad to support you in your journey.
Are we the perfect match?
Even if you feel that you don’t tick all the boxes, but are intrigued, we would like to hear from you! We can promise you great colleagues and some truly exciting opportunities. You will work in a global environment that provides you with developmental prospects both professionally and personally. We at ECARX want you to prosper, be happy and reach your excellence. If our entrepreneurial spirit, adaptability, accountability, and an innovative and customer-focused mindset light your inner fire, you might be the next player in our great team!
Are you curious and have some questions?
Come and meet with us for a cup of coffee and we will gladly give you more information, about the role, and how we can help each other on our future journey!
Why choose ECARX?
Located in the state-of-the-art Uni3 campus in Lindholmen, we share amazing views of the harbor and witness stunning sunrises! The on-site restaurant promises culinary lunch delights boasting Asian fusion flavors.
We love to interact with our colleagues in the office, but we also offer a hybrid remote workday that allows for a healthy work-life balance, as well as a competitive salary and collective agreement. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are important to create exceptional teams and make ECARX an awesome place to work!
For more information or questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact:
Christofer Åkerström, SW Engineering Manager, email@example.com
Please note that due to GDPR regulations we can only accept applications and CVs sent through our recruitment system, not via email or other channels.
ECARX is transforming vehicles into seamlessly integrated information, communications, and transportation devices. It is shaping the interaction between people and cars by rapidly advancing the technology at the heart of smart mobility. ECARX's current core products include vehicle chipsets, 5G-powered intelligent cockpits and intelligent driving sensors. Beyond this ECARX is developing a full-stack automotive computing platform. Over the last three years, global users of ECARX’s technology surpassed four million. ECARX was founded in 2017 and has since grown to over 2,000 team members, with facilities in China and Europe. The founders are two automotive entrepreneurs, Ziyu Shen and Eric Li. Mr. Li also founded Geely Holding Group which also includes international brands such as Lotus Cars, Lynk & Co, Polestar and Volvo Cars.
- Solution Center
- Software Engineer
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Software Test Engineer – Google Automotive Services (GAS)
Loading application form